What is eCAPTURE UCDS?
eCAPTURE UCDS, or Universal Credit Digital Service, is Govtech’s digital process automation service for validating, filtering and pre-assessing HB Stop and LCTR files received by councils daily from the DWP via Atlas.
Govtech’s “invest to save” solution solves the problem our customers defined
Migration to Universal Credit Full Service was completed across the UK in December 2018. Councils are now handling receipt of UC Notifications received daily from DWP via ATLAS. In Croydon Council, the first to fully migrate in April 2016, daily Notifications have steadily risen over time to currently number up to 1,000 per day.
With Administration Subsidy Grant declining, managing a growing LCTR work stream is becoming ever more difficult to sustain. To reduce the associated workload, Benefits system vendors have focused efforts on improving the automated processing of imported Notifications. But problems remain with the quality and consistency of DWP data, particularly where information can’t be automatically matched to existing records and with importing data that is not relevant to local CTR schemes.
Working closely with our customers and drawing on over a decade’s experience of accurate and timely digital process automation, Govtech’s innovative new eCAPTURE UCDS solution significantly reduces and simplifies the processing of HB Stop and LCTR Notifications and provides a sustainable means to manage a rising tide.
eCAPTURE UCDS reduces the resources consumed in processing UC Notifications:
- Reduces the number of work items created in the Benefits system
- Improves data quality, enabling councils to maximise automated processing
- Significantly increases automatic matching of records
- Presents case information to assessors clearly and in context
Loading “raw” files of DWP data into the Benefits system creates mismatches, contradictions, anomalies and work items with no relevance to LCTR.
eCAPTURE UCDS avoids this by pre-assessing, cleaning and filtering the daily files before they are imported.
Pre-assessing Notifications makes perfect sense.
The pre-assessment process effectively asks “what will happen if I load this file into the Benefit system?”. It then responds accordingly by filtering out, editing and/or aligning records with the Benefits system and local CTR scheme before the files are imported.
Fewer Notifications are loaded, data quality and consistency is improved, data matching rates rise significantly and the information presented to assessors is transformed. High quality PDF renditions now aid assessors by presenting case information clearly and in context. Assessors work more productively, which accelerates throughput, generates efficiencies and delivers cost savings.
Key Features and Benefits of eCAPTURE UCDS:
- Pre-matches and cleanses UC claimant, address and household member data.
- Much higher levels of automatic data matching are achieved when pre-matched UC files are imported into the Benefits system, so less time is spent manually searching and matching.
- Filters out Notifications where no action is required in the Benefits System.
- Notifications that require no action in the Benefits system are removed from the DWP file; instead, for audit purposes, a PDF rendition of the UC data is automatically archived in the Document Management System. Examples include Notifications relating to Supported/Exempt Accommodation, Temporary Accommodation, no active CTR claim, repeated HB Stops, etc. Filtering prevents the Benefits system being populated with irrelevant data, a process over time that may lead to system storage and performance issues. Filtering also eliminates the unnecessary work, such as manually matching records that require no action.
- Supports local business rules to validate and automatically recalculate incomes prior to import.
- Saves time as Assessors no longer have to manually check and edit UC income data in the Benefits system to ensure consistency with local CTR scheme eligibility.
- Supports local CTR schemes.
- Parameters, which can be changed and updated at no cost, support local CTR eligibility rules, such as income banding; parameters determine which Notifications are filtered, or edited. This provides a means to automate the long-term maintenance of claimant eligibility for CTR.
- Creates a clear and comprehensive PDF document rendition for each DWP notification and auto-indexes this into the DMS.
- PDF renditions of work items are indexed to a claim and may be prioritised and sent to work queues, or automatically archived; otherwise, they are available for easy reference to aid other ways of working. Monitoring workload and performance is easier for Team Leaders; Assessor analysis is greatly aided and simplified by case information that is presented clearly and in context.
- An audit trail is created for all Notifications received, whether or not a Notification was filtered out and whether or not it was actionable, or non-actionable. Audit reports list all Notifications pre-assessed by eCAPTURE UCDS from both the UCDSStop and UCDSLCTR files and record the associated eCAPTURE UCDS pre-assessment comments.
Using eCAPTURE UCDS to pre-assess and filter DWP UC Notifications before these are loaded into the Benefits system makes perfect sense. Less work is created and better information provided. eCAPTURE UCDS reduces workload and simplifies assessor tasks, which makes it an ideal invest to save proposition.
For further information email TellMeMore@govtech.co.uk